We’ve moved! Yes, the Crock of Shirt design office has moved. Due to demand, the decision was finally made to relocate.
Notice I didn’t say what kind of demand prompted the move. Let’s clarify “demand” for a second. Haha, we didn’t move due to a massive influx of customer orders or contracts. We didn’t move because I require more space. The design office space was moved because my (Kurt) daughter wanted the room downstairs. You see, Crock of Shirt is a home-based operation. In fact, it’s a two-home operation, as the design happens here in my (Kurt) house and the printing happens in our mom’s house. At my house, the bedrooms are all upstairs and the design took place downstairs in a spare room. The daughter is now in post-secondary schooling, is driving, and becoming more independent and wanted to get a bit more of a taste of freedom or something, so she wanted to swap spaces. Unfortunately, because I am a sucker, I caved in and agreed to the change. I think she knew I’d cave, too. Anyway, I thought a change might be nice to try for a bit, as perhaps it might spark some creativity that I have been dreadfully lacking lately.
This is a bit scary for me, I must admit. Here’s why:
- First, it’s a clear message to me that life is changing. I’m not a huge fan of change. The kids are getting older quickly and it sometimes freaks me out.
- Secondly, my design space has primarily been located downstairs. Even in our old house, the computer was downstairs (most of the time). Being upstairs is a different feeling. Even the temperature is different up here. The air might even be thinner.
- Thirdly, have a peek at the pictures. Just you have a little looky look at the pictures. That’s right, I’m now located in a pink room. It’s pink.
However, this relocation might be a good thing. Here’s why:
- First, they say change can be good. Like I said earlier, maybe these different surroundings will have an influence on my mood, which can change things.
- Secondly, being upstairs has the advantage of being able to get some sunshine coming in through the window. The downstairs window faced North, whereas upstairs faces South. Sunshine is happy. Kurt is not happy. But sunshine + Kurt might equate to something unique.
- Thirdly, being in a pink room will probably get my ass in gear to start painting this house.
This is the first official post from the new space. I haven’t actually drawn anything brand new from here yet, but I am just completing this post and have ordered some new shirt labels. Things are happening … what a Crock!